Internet Site Terms and Conditions of Use
Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("Salix" or the "Company"), owns, controls and maintains this site (the "Site") for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication. Through your access to and use of the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions ("Terms and Conditions") set forth below. This Site contains information that may be useful to the Company's customers, suppliers, employees and shareholders as well as the general public.
The Site and its information, materials and functions (the "Content") are designed to comply with laws and regulations of the United States (the "U.S."). Although accessible by others, the Site and the Content are intended for access and use by U.S. residents only. Salix makes no representation that the Content or the Site are appropriate for use in any other jurisdiction. If you choose to access the Site from other locations, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws and regulations.
The Content may, from time to time, contain information relating to various medical conditions, treatments and pharmaceuticals. This Site does not purport to provide you with medical advice of any kind whatsoever. You are advised to consult a physician or other medical professional for advice regarding any medical condition or treatment thereof. Unless otherwise noted, product names, descriptions and labeling are of U.S. origin. Products may not be available in all countries or may be available under a different name, in different strengths, or for different indications. Many of the products listed are available only by prescription through your local medical professional.
The Content contains information and statements that are forward-looking and involve risk and uncertainties, including, without limitation, risk associated with the inherent uncertainty of pharmaceutical research, product development and commercialization, the impact of competitive products, patent, product liability and third-party reimbursement risk associated with the pharmaceutical industry, and other risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ from such forward-looking information.
Terms and Conditions
- You may browse the Site and download the Contents. You may use downloaded Contents only for personal, non-commercial use. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost, further modify or use in any other manner any of the Contents for any other purpose whatsoever, without the express written permission of Salix. All copyright and other proprietary notices contained in any downloaded Content must be retained.
- The Contents are copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided herein and without the express written permission of Salix.
- Images of persons or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, Salix. The use of these images by you is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or by specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright, trademark, privacy and/or publicity laws as well as communi-cations regulations and statutes.
- Your use of the Site is at your own risk. The Content contained in the Site, including text, graphics, links or other items, are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or freedom from computer virus. Salix does not warrant the adequacy, currency, accuracy or completeness of the information and materials included in the Site or in third-party sites linked to or from this Web site or that the functions provided will be uninterrupted or error-free and expressly disclaims any obligation to update the Content. Salix expressly disclaims any liability for any errors or omissions in the Content included in the Site or any third-party sites linked to or from this Site. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties.
- In no event will Salix be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, lost profits, or other damages whatsoever arising in connection with the use of the Site or the Content, any interruption in availability of the Site, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, loss of data, or use, misuse, reliance, review, manipulation, or other utilization in any manner whatsoever of the Site or the Content, even if Salix has been advised of the possibility of such damages or loss.
- Any communication, information or material that you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and nonproprietary information and will become and remain the property of Salix. Salix, or any of its affiliates, may use such communication, information or material for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and further posting. Further, Salix and its affiliates are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication, information or material you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products. Salix will not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding submitted information except as agreed to by Salix, specifically stated on the Site or as otherwise specifically agreed to or required by law.
- The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, the "Trademarks") displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered trademarks of Salix and others. Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right in and to the Trademarks without the express written permission of Salix or such third party. Your misuse of the Trademarks on the Site and in the Contents, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are hereby advised that Salix will enforce its intellectual property rights in the Site and the Contents to the fullest extent of the law, including by seeking criminal sanctions.
- Salix will retain all right, title and interest in and to the Site and the Content and all intellectual property rights therein or attached thereto under any applicable body of law. Nothing herein shall be construed as a license to you under any Company patent, trademark, copyright or trade secret. No title or ownership rights are transferred to you under this Agreement. You shall not, nor shall you authorize any third party to, (i) create derivative works, or alter in any way, the Site or the Content or (ii) use the Site or the Content other than as expressly discussed herein.
- You are solely responsible for providing all hardware, telecommunications equipment, software (including browsers) and bandwidth that you require to access the Site and the Content. You are also responsible for providing your own access to the Internet and paying all telephone or other fees associated with such Internet access.
- Salix has not reviewed all of the sites that may be linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-Site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-Site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- Salix reserves the right to alter or delete material from the Site or the Content at any time.
- Salix may, at any time, revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You should periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Salix, its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents and the assigns of same from and against any and all loss, costs, expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and expenses), claims, damages and liabilities related to or associated with your use of the Site or the Content and any violation of these Terms and Conditions by you.
- Your access to and use of this Web site under these terms are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the law of the State of North Carolina without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. In the event any provision of these terms is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision.
Copyright © 2002-2011 Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.